The simple synopsis.
As a leading U.S. provider of banking, asset management, wealth management, and corporate and investment banking products, our client had a need to create a Standardized Mapping Approach. One that an analyst could easily use, and the business understand, when creating Source-to-Target and Conformed Values-to-Target mappings.
Meridian Technologies joined the project’s second phase and was tasked to:
- generate the initial Source-to-Target artifact
- document and diagram the workflow
- identify and implement a system-wide team to help mitigate risk
- document and adopt process improvements during the project
- make process improvement recommendations upon completion
The benefit realization?
The Standardized Mapping Approach, developed by Meridian, allowed an analyst to use mappings containing the status of each row of information that required transformation or a straight move into the Target Physical Model. The documents could be used to readily follow the mapping of each individual source file, to ETL construction, to Unit, SIT and UAT Testing. The final documents could also be matched to the ETL code to ensure all target elements were accounted for on both sides.